Test Drive Unlimited

I read that as "Go get bent on a hill."

Haha noo :)

Go find a road in TDU that has a bend at the top of a hill. You'll find the car drives right into the barrier as the car is off the ground as far as the game engine is concernened. It doesn't handle gradients as well as NFS I've noticed. You get sudden obvious changes in orientation that affect driving.

Doesn't handle quite as well then :)

Eh?

The physics are so far superior to NFS, it's crazy :)

I have been taking a car to the top of the hill, putting it in neutral and just rolling down, seeing how far I can go.

I think my record is about 3 miles :D

NFS can provide smooth inclines. TDU gives you obvious jerks and prevents you turning a corner on an incline unless you're practically stationary. Try it :)

Well, you are driving on roads that are far from smooth on TDU, especially when cornering too fast.

If you control your speed, you should be fine. I've not noticed anything too untowards with the drive. That huge hairpin mission is my fav, I think I race it a few times everytime I startup TDU.

Typically I race my Ascari or Enzo (stage III) and it's fun :D

The Ascari powerslides around sweeping corners very nicely :)

Not tried it on a tight bend over a hill crest, but my xj220 seems to not have the front wheels in contact with the ground when cresting at 15mph so I end up launching into the armco faster than I was driving...

We should meet online and see what's up :)

I'll look for you one of these nights, my user profile is sazarius

Almost finished :)

I have completed 117 of 120 races so far and most of the other missions are now gaining priority.

I've just been doing free-ride the last coupla days. Last night, I must have driven for about 3 hours straight, my back hurts :(

But, its FUN :D

Steevo, post what problems you are having, perhaps we can fix it :)

The Ascari powerslides around sweeping corners very nicely :)

Not tried it on a tight bend over a hill crest, but my xj220 seems to not have the front wheels in contact with the ground when cresting at 15mph so I end up launching into the armco faster than I was driving...

Once you drive an Enzo, level 3, nothing else compares :)

And the MV Agusta for the bikes :) (fyi... on some of the motorbike levels, the Ducati is a better ride when level 3)

Also, get to Champion level as soon as possible, pretty much freebie money :)

There is a 180MPH speed level, 70k.

Drive an Enzo, like 10-15 seconds, win, repeat, BIG MONEY, short time :D

I got the XJ220 also and it feels ass heavy. But the rest of the car is very nice.

But I get random lockups and sometimes the game just won't start at all, locked up at the black screen before the menu screen.

No it is not my harware, prime-PI-F@H stable. I dropped everything back to stock. Every other game plays fine.

Not heat as I forced 100% fan speed and it makes no difference.

ATI has special drivers for some nforece4 chipsets, but the issues is not recurring in any other game or program.

I have the most recent Direct X, tried different graphics settings and without audio. The only thing odd is that alternate pixel center gives me a big white blob when it is on. Rear bumper and not much else. But no problem.

I gotta drive a enzo for delivery, and it was a very nice car. The faster cars seem to suit my driving style better, but I still have a bit of a problem drifting. I also bought a Romero 3.2 L. Nice car but a bit slow, compared to the XJ220. I have hit 200 MPH with that.

I am going to try a different driver later and see if that helps, if not there are others experiencing the same issue I am on multiple hardware platforms, so it is most likely a game glitch.

And a friend is offering me his wheel and pedal set for the game it has wheel mounted click shifters.

Log onto IRC and we'll see if we can thrash out the issue.

-edit-

Later in the day :)

At work right now.

Btw, I just realized you said you were driving the XJ220.

That sucker is a boat with a big engine :)

Best car, by far, for all around driving, is the Enzo :)

And the Ducatti is probably the best all around bike, even though its top speed is less than the other one.

CRAZY acceleration.

Enzo, stage 3, easy to go well over 200 MPH w/o breaking a sweat. And the car keeps its dynamics. I just wish the game reflected increased downforce at higher speeds on straight high-ways :(

No more IRC till I get it *cough* or a different client.

And I keep forgetting the wheel at my friends place. We used it t oplay TDU for the 360. No force feedback and he was using buttons in the center of the wheel for shifting, but it feels good. Not to cheezy on turning.

As soon as the patch is out (if ever) I will be back to playing but the whole lockup thing has got me out of the mood to play. It sucks, and people are experiencing it left and right. But I have noticed that single core people are complaning of it more. I forsee a dual core 939 in my future. Shortly even.

But as for now I am stayhng late at work tomorrow and going on a camping trip Thursday till Tuesday of next week.

So laters if I don't catch anyone till then.

The game is pushing my entire system more than anything else.

My gpu temps go up higher and my processor is basically at 98-100% on BOTH cores when running the game, so perhaps it is a single-core issue. Turn down some features, such as vegetation. It will reduce cpu load.

And grab a quad-core proc when it drops to sub-$300 levels next month :)

I just finished the game, all the missions so to speak.

Going to go through the whole thing again once the patch is out. Can't wait to get my skyline ;)

I don't get the angst.

The game works perfectly fine for me :) And yes, I am waiting for the patch as much as the next person BUT you get over 100 Hrs worth of quality game play with this game, not including online stuff :)

It's AWESOME and a challenge just getting all the cars and houses.

Like I said above, I am waiting for the patch before I play it from the beginning but, it's not half as bad as some make it out to be online.

:)

I havce a dual core system and an nVidia graphics card, and I can barely get a few minutes of gameplay in. I just upgraded my graphics drivers and it won't run. I get to my house and select drive out, it says that it is saving, and just locks up. I like the game, so much that I also bought it for my PSP, but that is sad, that it runs better on my PSP, than my PC.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back