Test Drive Unlimited

Wench >_<

I only have a crappy wheel with no feedback and rather odd pedals (was free with my 360), though it does have rumble... why, I don't really know, but it's there. :D

Rumble is crap.

Force-feedback is the only way I can ever play a driving game now, it's just sooooo good :D

The tactile feedback is killer and you really have to fight the wheel when you are in a high-level race with fast competitors on some of the roads.

The single-player missions help develop your skills so I am making sure I complete all of them :D

Also, ensure you complete ALL of the car delivery missions, perfectly if possible. Lots of easy money :D

The extra $40 k really helps for parts and upgrades.

I have never had much luck MP games. About the only time I MP is own my own network. A lot less hassle that way, and no cheating!!!

Its looks like I will be giving TDU a try!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rumble is crap.

Force-feedback is the only way I can ever play a driving game now, it's just sooooo good :D

The tactile feedback is killer and you really have to fight the wheel when you are in a high-level race with fast competitors on some of the roads.

The single-player missions help develop your skills so I am making sure I complete all of them :D

Also, ensure you complete ALL of the car delivery missions, perfectly if possible. Lots of easy money :D

The extra $40 k really helps for parts and upgrades.
I may look into Microsoft's wireless wheel, that offers force-feedback, though I've never been much good at using a wheel with games (maybe force-feedback could change that?) so I may have to try one before splashing out :)

As for the missions and money, I've got about 1mil spare at the moment. Had 2mil, went on a car and house rampage, left me with around 60k, then got caught by the cops, slapped with a 300k fine, which I couldn't pay, so they put me in jail :D
I then got back up to 8mil, and again, went on a bit of a spending spree, so I'm down to about a million again :D

Ok, so I picked up the game today, and I love it, but the constant crashing is really getting to me, and of course, Atari's site is no help.

According to the developers it's an nvidia hardware flaw. There is a patch supposedly due before month end to adapt the game to nvidia hardware. It may slip into June though.

Hasn't crashed once for me. Is likely a video card driver issue.

That figures. Everything else I play works fine. Oh well, its just the waiting game again. I do like the game, at least when I can play it.

Edit: Not the waiting game that is, LOL!

I started a fresh career (again) and am on expert level now :)

Have been trying to get a few races in with the nvnews lads (agentkay for example) with their club.

Mucho fun so far :D

/me goes to practice.

Just to state again, you suck.......

This game sounds hella fun.

It'll be on my list when I get a 360...

Still waiting for a price drop in the UK for Microsofts Wireless Wheel, a nice Forza 2 bundle would be nice :D

Bought the game tonight. Box for $40.00

Where is the option to turn off the **** music during the install. I almost want to break the game.

It's a pretty sexy looking game when flying full-tilt with AA and hdr :cool:

Well, so far I have managed to hard lock my system by having the GPU fan at 1500RPM, and I had to wait to reboot as it would not respond to commands from the motherboard for over 5 minutes. HOOOOOT.

And if I enable alternate pixel center and HDR all I see is bliding white light and the car bumper. :D But I believe that is a driver fault.

Other than that it is nice, and I hope to waste some time in it today. Had to go dig out my Saitek controller as a 360 one sucks. Controls felt a bit soft and wrong until I disable all the driving assistance, and switched to a manual, and turned up the steering sensitivity.

Now it plays better than NFS and is way prettier.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back