TES: Oblivion

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Has anyone else here seen the screenshots and trailer for this game? It looks phenomenal! I'm already a big fan of Morrowind, but this looks like another level altogether. Here are the links to the trailer if anyone is interested:

Super Hi-Res DivX (About 85MB this one)

Hi-Res Quicktime

Low-Res

Roll-on Christmas! :nervous:

Aye, I need to have souped up my gfx subsytem by then to play this :D I dont think my 9800Pro will cut it somehow :p

Yes I has. I am excited about it. Now that I've played World of Warcraft and many other RPGs, I may be able to get a grip on the complication that an Elder Scrolls game.

Maybe I'll give Morrowind another look to warm up.

i have to say i saw it on g4 this week at e3, and it didn't impress me much at all, infact non of the xbox games did, they all look as good as current pc titles with all the settings way up, which is great now, but considering the next gen consoles probably wont be out now until 2008 at earliest and more likely 09/10, thats a long ways from now.

Hopefully it was just the transition from video clip over tv network to my tv.

Playing Elder Scrolls on a console is like playing Beethoven's Fifth Symphony on a ukelele. Unless the console has a keyboard and a mouse...

Download the super High Res! Patrick Stewart has the most commanding, resonating timbre to his voice. It fits the trailer so well.

Last edited:
lancer said:
i have to say i saw it on g4 this week at e3, and it didn't impress me much at all, infact non of the xbox games did, they all look as good as current pc titles with all the settings way up, which is great now, but considering the next gen consoles probably wont be out now until 2008 at earliest and more likely 09/10, thats a long ways from now.

Hopefully it was just the transition from video clip over tv network to my tv.

As far as I know, the X-Box 360 will be out this year, but I see your point - these consoles are gonna be around for a few years and by next Christmas or the one after they are not going to look that good. Still, the graphics on Oblivion for the PC do look pretty stunning to me at the moment. Will need a whole new PC to run it though!

This game does look amazing... I think I will be getting this for the 360 though, I can play for hours on end and sit on my loveseat...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back