Terminal Server won't create Roaming Profile

drummer4lifex

OSNN Junior Addict
I am pulling my hair out over this!

I've created a share for separate TS Profiles and in Active Directory, you can set the group policy to store profiles on this specified share. Now when I go to login as a user, the profile is still created locally or pulled from their workstation roaming profile (we still have a few of those floating around). Shouldn't it be creating a NEW profile on the share that I specified?

I double checked. That guide is what enlightened me about the option in the group policy. This is why it doesn't make sense.

Have you checked the workstations are pulling the updated GPO? Do you have a single GPO, or more than one in use on the domain?

I have one general one, and then there's one that just points all the workstations to the WSUS Server. The terminal services config is edited under the general domain GPO.

Can you do a GPRESULT from the workstations to verify the GPO is being applied properly.

Also may want to try a general, low-impact change elsewhere in the GPO to see if the workstations are pulling it down without issue.

Oh. That's not good. Apparently they are being filtered. I've never heard of this before, what does that mean?

Are they being blocked by an ACL?

check the rules on your switches

check the rules on your switches

What would that qualify as? Access rules? like WAN to WAN probably? Or are you talking about like an application switch such as something like "run -w -d awesome.exe"

sorry, I was thinking network switches. For instance, you can set up rules in your switches that will block certain types of packets. You can create one rule that says "if it is not in a set of these types, then block it" and no matter what, that packet/frame is not getting through. Check with the administrators of the network for the first three layers and see if anyone is blocking the tcp/udp port that you need.

sorry, I was thinking network switches. For instance, you can set up rules in your switches that will block certain types of packets. You can create one rule that says "if it is not in a set of these types, then block it" and no matter what, that packet/frame is not getting through. Check with the administrators of the network for the first three layers and see if anyone is blocking the tcp/udp port that you need.

I have inherited the duty of network administrator. Long story short, I'm consulting for a business that broke off from another larger business, but the larger network is still theirs.

Do you know by any chance what port it is? I can check the firewall tomorrow. In fact I have to clean out all the old VPNs and such anyway so it will be perfect to check.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back