Temporary Internet files

P

Pin

I am having problems trying to save jpeg files from Temporary Internet files (TIF) in Win XP Pro.

I use ACDSee 4.0, and there was no problem at all with Win2k Pro.

In XP, when opening the TIF folder, there was nothing displayed. I have checked the "show hidden files" function in folder option, but still cant read from TIF.

I can only save the files i want from TIF by copy the TIF folder to other location; say my desktop. Then only i can use ACDSee to save files.

Is there a way to tweak Win XP to make access from ACDSee?

for close your problem

bonjour,

Vous devez desinstaller votre logiciel "see" qui bloque xp
car avec un click droit sur le fichier ou image dans
les fichiers temporaire il est possible de faire copier coller

regards

Thanks for replying.

But sorry, i cannot understand French....can u please translate to English??

From babelfish.com, doesn't really help does it ?

You owe desinstaller your software "see" which blocks xp bus with a click right on the file or image in the files temporary it is possible to make copy to stick

Open your imaging software and find your options . Under here you should find Something to do with associated files.tick the box for jpeg and hey presto. What are you using for viewing pics anyway.

per my room mate, who speaks French fluently:
uninstall logiciel 'see' that blocks xp cause with a right click on the file in the temp files, you can copy and paste it.

hope this helps.....

ok type
c:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\desktop.ini

in the run box then something in notepad will show up and it will say something like

[.ShellClassInfo]
UICLSID={7BD29E00-76C1-11CF-9DD0-00A0C9034933}

now delete the part in bold and save it.. then go to the temporary internet files folder and it will have a folder called content.ie5 and desktop.ini

inside content.ie5 there will be some odd named folders and you can look around in there for the image you want and you can open it in whatever you want

hope this helps...

GREAT!

Oh, thanks xsk8zerox....

This method works as soon as i deleted the thread.

Good for u...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back