Temperatures...this is funky!

U

UofEEE

Okay, when I hook up the fan in the front of my case, my temps are at CPU:52 and System:38.

But when I unhook the front (there's still one in the back), the CPU temp is at 48 degrees (just surfing...more around 47 or 46 when just idling.) and System: 41.

Question is...which should I take? Not having the front fan on definately makes the darn thing much quieter. Oh yea...I'm using a stock cooler too. Waddya think?

Originally posted by catch23
First off ...you should get something better than a stock HSF for your CPU...might also consider themral paste (if you don't already have some)...artic silver III along with a better HSF will bring your CPU temp down considerably.

It looks like the only reason to keep the front case fan in is the CPU temp...

Whew...looks like it'll be a while for that. I've gotta save the rest of my cash for school. Any heatsink suggestions? I had a Volcano 7, but wasn't too impressed w/ it...

Stock heatsinks can be good. The fans that come with AMD boxed processors are thermaltakes. I run this on my 1700+ and after heavy gaming i am at 39 degrees. Good venting in the case makes a big difference.

I have a Volcano 7 and am very pleased. Using Arctic Silver 3 as well.

Using STOCK HSF and nice and quiet and CPU running at 36C

52 is on the upper end of normal end of normal for AMD.

No Offence.

Dont worry about it.

:p

I planned on getting a newer HSF sometime in the future...but by that time, I'll be savin for the new clawhammer....or maybe even a prescott...But I'm a loyal AMDer...hopefully the new hammer will wow me...I know this processor did!

NOTE: If this starts an AMD vs. Intel thread...I'm gonna have a moderator shut it down...

About Volcano 7+...

Got 2 quick questions about Volcano 7+

1. It seems that I have 2 connectors that will connect to my motherboard to monitor the rpm.

One is white the other is brown, but they both have the same colour wire (yellow)

The only difference between the two is that one comes from the heatsink (white), and the other (brown) comes from the device that lets you change the speed.

Currently I'm using the white one and the brown one isn't connected. Any idea why they put 2? I haven't tried the brown one out yet either...

2. Also, how good is the compound that comes with package compared to Artic Silver Compound???

Artic Silver 3 is MUCH better than that thermal pad they put on there!

Re: About Volcano 7+...

Originally posted by Dimoe
Got 2 quick questions about Volcano 7+

1. It seems that I have 2 connectors that will connect to my motherboard to monitor the rpm.

One is white the other is brown, but they both have the same colour wire (yellow)

The only difference between the two is that one comes from the heatsink (white), and the other (brown) comes from the device that lets you change the speed.

Currently I'm using the white one and the brown one isn't connected. Any idea why they put 2? I haven't tried the brown one out yet either...

2. Also, how good is the compound that comes with package compared to Artic Silver Compound???

You will get about 2-5C cooler with the artic silver compound. Be forewarned...Volacano cools well, but even on medium speed it is quite noisy...But it looks nice, too bad noone ever looks in your case :rolleyes:

hehe, got window mod

got window mod, all i need now is some logo on it, and what about brown connecter???

temp starts at 34-36 degs... chasis is always around 32.

it tops out around 39 or 40 degs... I've had max cpu usage at 60 percent

I use arctic compound AND I have a volcano 7... just changed my coolermaster copper which cost more.. cooled a degree more but almost made me deaf...

remember the heavier your heatsink is the more likely you might pull your socket out of the board

i have a very large nmber of fans in my computer and the air flow is well managed... all wires are stored to the side so the flow can be managed better...

thats all folks...

Re: Re: Re: About Volcano 7+...

Originally posted by xsivforce
That's why you do a window mod. :p

Thought about that, but then yiou have to put a light in your case....dont want any extra heat in there.

But they do look Cool :cool:

Okay! This has me freaked.

According to Asus PCProbe my CPU is running at 61 C and the MB at 38C.

I'm using a Thermaltake SuperOrb on an Athlon 900 and no overclocking.

Do I need to start paniking?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back