Temp. Inter. File Moved?

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi guys,

I read a post recently on some people moved their Temporary Internet Files onto another HDD. How can I do this safely? I do have a 2nd HDD. Thanks in advance.....

Heeter

Open IE > Tools > Internet Options > Settings > Move Folder

Hallo, j79zlr welcome at NTFS :D
Nice to see you here.

Thanks, J79....

Welcome to NTFS!!!!

Heeter

thanks yoyo, I joined here a while ago, but didn't see anything that I could help on till today:D

Originally posted by Heeter
Hi guys,

I read a post recently on some people moved their Temporary Internet Files onto another HDD. How can I do this safely? I do have a 2nd HDD. Thanks in advance.....

Heeter

this is how you move the other Internet Files

start / run / regedit
navigate to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software\Microsoft \Windows \CurrentVersion \Explorer \Shell Folders

right click on the item you want to change & modify

in the value field enter the path where you want the files to be stored
e.g.
D:\TempNetFiles\cookies

:cool:

j79zlr - I thought the name looked familiar - thanks for "coming out" on NTFS (Since you've been lurking since the beginning of the year!)

I know you'll find more to add to the longer you hang around! ;)

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back