Temp Folder Error

N

Not Bman

I am getting this error, at first I thought it was only one program but its anything I try to install.

Just happened within the last couple hours. Cause about 2 or 3 hours ago I installed an update to the Cheat Happens Trainer Manager.

Any ideas? (Windows 7 64bit)

*edit most programs give me the first error, but another app gives me this one.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 186
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 169
Hmm try right clicking and running as administrator?
Also open up that folder while the installer is running and see what it is trying to do.

I tried admin an no change, and it shouldn't matter, it suddenly changed, installing anything was working a couple hours ago, now nothing can be installed.

And what do you mean? Go to the temp folder? I checked that folder, no issues there.

If you have UAC off, try turning it on, had weird issues sometimes with older apps around that folder.

Did not seem to help.

I just looked and I have a folder called AppData as well as Application Data, AppData I can access just fine, I try clicking on Application Data and says I do not have access (no options in properties to change either). Now I have tried to install 7 different programs, all giving errors. I just installed utorrent update, and it worked.

Does different programs use different temp folders? What is wrong with the Application Data folder?

Some folders are really just there as a legacy thing and just redirect to the new path.

Type %appdata% in the start menu to get to it, then move up a folder. Temp is using in local..

Right click on the folder and select take ownership. That is one of the biggest annoyances of windows7. I don't like the permission sequence at all.

There is no Take Ownership option, I don't have UAC enabled.

Why does the weirdest things happen to me, nothing changed lol

So I deleted all the files I downloaded to install. They were all from Filehippo. Never had issues before, and these downloaded without issue this time as well. They were full size and everything.

But I re-downloaded them, and all worked like they should. So that was weird? lol

There is no take ownership in the right click menu? That is odd.

Hmmmm...I seem to also remember that the problem only affected 32-bit; oh well.

I didn't read your previous message that indicated that it seems you solved the problem. Strange, indeed!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back