Telnet

funky dredd

OSNN Veteran Addict
I have 10 NT workstation pc's in my lab area that i'd like to move to XP. One problem though is that the software that is being used calls a telnet session to connect to Xyplex Terminal Servers. The terminal server will only take the telnet from NT 4.0 no other os, something with compatabilty on the terminal server (we have tried all of the os's and it breaks the terminal server). My question is can I take the telnet off of NT 4.0 and put it on XP, also what other files will I need to accomplish this?

That is a great idea Enyo, I didn't even think about that. I'll give it a go in a little bit and let you know what happens.

It didn't work. Bombed the terminal server. Any other suggestions you got?

can you change the compatibility mode?, right click on telnet.exe and change it to NT?

grrrrrr...I keep getting logged out of the site!
Anyways no you can't I already tried that.
I used to add the i386 folder to windows 95 many years ago from an NT disk but I can't seem to remember where the setup is. Anyone remember or have some documentation? Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back