Tell us how much your internet connection sucks

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
Never saw this kinda thread. either that or i just don't remember seeing one.

Truthfully, i don't mind my connection that much, except for one thing that is. can u guess what that one thing would be? i'll give u a hint:

Your download speed : 2832609 bps, or 2766 kbps.
A 345.7 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 242424 bps, or 236 kbps.

they upgraded the friggin connection speed from starting out at 512K, to 3Mbps, but the upload rate didn't seem to change at all, which might be why the price didn't get bumped up at all for us exiting customers. sux very much heavily. even the graph makes it look MORE pathetic.

ATM I got 2048down/384up (kbit/s), which will be bumped up to 3072down/576up within the next 2 months :D

wish we got speed bumps in the UK

well not speed bump literally like the things in the road, we have them, I mean like speed increases, BT is sh!t

Who cares about upload, unless you are running a server, which you probably can't with your ISP's rules anyways.

actually.... i don't think my isp would give two ****z about running a server. well, they might call asking why i'm using just about all my bandwidth 24/7, but that's probably jus about it. and a lot of times, faster upload speeds can be noticed more often than faster download speeds.

Upload is important to me, because I host my own webserver. Yes my ISP allows that, heck they even recommend the type of connection I have for use with servers. The only downside is that they blocked port 25 (because some viruses use this port to send mail using their own builtin smtp server), so running my own pop3 server is useless. Time for another ISP :D

My internet connection sucks because... No wait! I doesn't suck, it rocks. 10Mbit up and down (Ok, I rarely get more than 5Mbit up, but who cares). :D

how in the hell did you get that? and u mus be either paying a fortune for it, at a university, or.... work for your ISP.

Glaanie, i think upload is more important to just about everyone. download speeds seem to be able to be regulated more than upload speeds. with such a small upload bandwidth.... using BitTorrent for 2 or more files practically slows my chances of looking at a website to a halt.

I'm perfectly happy with my 512K Broadband :)

(Going to annoy you all) I have the best connection the UK can offer, AOL! ;)

:D
aolsuckbisk01.jpg

Are you going to answer my question rushm? Who is that lovely filly on your tag?

No wonder you type like you have a bone most of the time!

Very nice totty!

ElementalDragon said:
how in the hell did you get that? and u mus be either paying a fortune for it, at a university, or.... work for your ISP.
Nope. I live in a small(ish) village about 15km from a large city. We pay about $40/month I think. :) 10Mbit isn't too uncommon around here, but mostly in the cities. My new apartment has it too, but that's at the university on the other hand.

for 512k my connection rocks :p

Downstream Rate: 576 Kbps
Upstream Rate: 288 Kbps

100% uptime, has never been down in the 8 moths i've had it :D

Mine is down I can squeeze 680 and up around 320,

should be 512/284

I'm usually alternating between 3 different connections, depending on where I am:

Home (weekends): 3.5mbit down; 256kbit up cable (on a 100Mbit LAN or 11Mbit WLAN) - good, reliable connection.

Room (weekdays): 54G wireless connection to a Verizon DSL line shared by lots of people, so it fluctuates quite a bit. Currently shows 1.2mbit down, 128kbit up. It's free, so I'm not complaining! My roommate and I will probably be signing up for a separate ADSL account in September though.

Uni: Some ridiculously fast connection both up and down. Last time I checked, I believe it was 24mbit down. Ideal for huge downloads.
grin.gif

EDIT: Found the old screenshot:
tongue.gif

3mbit.png

This was downloading on a relatively busy server too. I've had 10MB/s (yes, byte not bit) downloads quite often on this thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back