Tell me about Bootvis

M

Mike89

How many of you are using this? I have heard sometimes it causes problems.

Is there any negative consequences from using this?

Wow. I just read the white paper from Microsoft on Bootvis.

I can see there is much more to this than I thought. I thought this was a program that you just install and automatically have faster boots.

Um, but this is not the case, is it?

Any tech heads care to break this down in layman terms just how to use this program?

Download it, unzip it, runs the .exe, click 'trace' and next boot + drivers, reboot, (bootvis opens), click trace and optimize system, wait till its done, trace boot again and check difference.

Home computer boots in 40secs, work computer boots in 26secs.

lol yup, thats perfect describe how to use Unisol!...as for how it works mike, it's basically like this

boot vis when set to trace and optimize watches your system when you restart and times each process and driver initialization...it then examines what things should load first and what can wait a bit till after the GUI is active...

It also then loads the files that need to the beginning/outer tracks of the drive so that they can be accessed quicker, and when ya put it all together ya get a faster boot :)

Always worked like a charm on my machine.. boot time 17 secs.

I did the optimize. After I rebooted it went into scandisk after reboot. Was it suppose to do this?

Also Do I need to leave this program running in the background?

How are you timing? Once you click restart or once your bios comes up?

no, it should not go into scandisk sinister, thats not right...u only need to use bootvis once and it optimizes....it does not run in background

Something's not right.

I did the trace, next boot + drivers. It rebooted. I then chose trace, optimize. It rebooted, then a pop up on the desktop came up say it was optimizing. Well it just sat there and eventually greyed out. No hard drive activity, nothing. So what happened? I eventually had to reboot to get it off the screen. Nothing has changed in the reboot time.

How long did you wait...mine took a loooong time the first time for some reason, I couldn't even tell ya how long, I just went about my biz till I noticed it dissappeared

Mike make sure your COM+ and Task Scheduler Services are set to automatic and start them if they've been stopped. Try running it after that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back