Technology & Human Life Expectancy

• Thread starter computerfreak76
  • Start date
C

computerfreak76

do any of you think that technology will one day prevail over death for mankind?

i think eventually scientists will one day find the gene or whatever it is that causes aging and will drastically expand life expectancy and possibly stop aging all together.

and if any of you have read up on the guys that claimed to have cloned the baby they eventually when technology allows want to clone people put them in an incubator and grow them to adult age in a short time then download the info from the old brain into the new brain then repeat this process forever.

from my understanding of this it would be like always having the body of an 18 year old but the wisdom of generations, which would be something awesome!!

Originally posted by computerfreak76
do any of you think that technology will one day prevail over death for mankind?

i think eventually scientists will one day find the gene or whatever it is that causes aging and will drastically expand life expectancy and possibly stop aging all together.

and if any of you have read up on the guys that claimed to have cloned the baby they eventually when technology allows want to clone people put them in an incubator and grow them to adult age in a short time then download the info from the old brain into the new brain then repeat this process forever.

from my understanding of this it would be like always having the body of an 18 year old but the wisdom of generations, which would be something awesome!!

and you don't find something fundamentally flawed in that hypothetical setup ? besides the fact that the clones would all be 'raelians' ?

take it from the example of computers... data corruption ? viruses ? hardware fatigue ? design faults ? there are far too many variables with the technology we have @ the moment... and we will never have 'perfect' technology because errors are inherent in whatever we do...

we will continue to evolve as a race and eventually perhaps have larger cranial sizes et al... I myself do not wish for evolution to stop just because some dood decides we should all look like our 18 yr old selves and look like that for an eternity...

how can we become better if not by evolving ? stagnation has never lead to good things and in effect this perpetual cloning/dling of brain 'data' is just that...

in a few thousand years i believe we will have 99.99% perfection as far as technology goes.

in a few thousand years i believe we will have 99.99% perfection as far as technology goes.

there is never perfection... that is the only certainty... NOTHING is perfect nor ever shall be... it is impossible... even 99.99% is more utopian than practical per what the advances in technology should be able to take us to...

and the technology will be in the hands of the few to use as they please and regulate the many... there far too many uncertainties in our nature as a peoples to predict this perpertual cloning to be a good thing...

I can just as easily see a whole army of slaves been created from one physical sample who proved to be able to do various tasks... hence the weaker of the specimens are weeded out and thus survival of the fittest/most able occurs... BUT they would then all have the same weaknesses (ie... succumb to save diseases et al )

:) too many scenarios to go through but it is not likely to happen anytime soon IMHO... though the idea is good... how many good ideas turn out to be abused?

i think eventually scientists will one day find the gene or whatever it is that causes aging and will drastically expand life expectancy and possibly stop aging all together

so you dont think what i said here will happen?

so you dont think what i said here will happen?

this is more a given based on the fact that scientists claim already to have identified the genes that cause aging... :) so its not really shooting in the dark...

the other stuff... not so sure about though m8... :)

now the other stuff your talking about is what the cloner guys have said.

How do you know that, Earth could be demolished in a year for all we know!

the natural order of things to me is ...to be born and then to die ...christ we cant feed nor care for the amount of ppl we have on this earth now

if things didnt die how would we eat??

I thought aging was the break down of your DNA every generation, in fact im positive it is, how are they gonna stop your DNA from breaking down? As I understand it your cell DNA strands get smaller and smaller the older u get thats why if old people try and have kids and they do there "special" (ie: retarded) As far as I know there isn't any one GENE that makes your DNA break down just over the years and the google amount of times it was copyed theres bound to be information lost.

Originally posted by Burpster
the natural order of things to me is ...to be born and then to die ...christ we cant feed nor care for the amount of ppl we have on this earth now

if things didnt die how would we eat??

I disagree...

there is sufficient food for everyone to live and sufficient medical facilities to provide everyone with care...

it is the distribution practises of our world that leave much to be desired... the rich few get everything while the many poor get nothing...

if we spent half of what we spend on weapons... poverty in the states itself could be cut down drastically...

its policies... not actual natural or physical deficiencies that cause starvation around the world and lack of medical attention..

im not sure that the break down of DNA causes aging its the shorting of the chromotid (sp?)of the cell that gets shorter when the cell goes through mitosis. so the only real way to NOT DIE would be finding a way to continue mitosis or lengthen the chromotid as you become increasingly older.

thats my 2 cents.

Technolodgy will be the cause of death for the mankind. Well, we are our own cause of death, since we made and invented this.

kids, we are all going to die...wee...

Hey, Just eat lots and lots of *Twinkies* (tons of preservatives) and you will be just like the Cockroach and live forever. Even in the event of a Nuclear explosion.

Aaaaah, to be a Cockroach. :p :p

lol, only protected from fall out.

soon enough

they are going to use ****roach genes in humans, so we withstand fallout.

Why can't I write -c-o-c-k? Thats not fair, I'm not using a bad word, it's a little creature that I crush, a ****roach.

and here along i thought coc!<roaches were only for something to eat on Fear Factor??

Nooo Burpster, they might come of us to use after all.

More then a tasty snack.

Originally posted by Nick M
Why can't I write -c-o-c-k? Thats not fair, I'm not using a bad word, it's a little creature that I crush, a ****roach.

If I tell you how to do it... Ummmmmm... Damn. :rolleyes:

Then I would have to kill you. :p :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back