taurus..............

I thought you'd already checked out the slot options earlier :p
After all trying them independently woulda brought ya to the same conclusion right?:)
(1 stick in 1st bank(0) check.... pass? good, then 2nd stick in same bank et voila!...same speed)

Either way works s'pose. Glad to hear it's sorted ;)
Nice job 50cal :D

Merry Chrimbo to you 'n' all :D

You will get better performance if you run the ram at 100% of the FSB either 1:1 or 100% for speed in the bios, this is the best way to set your ram vs cpu :)

Thanks guys. Kermit what you say sounds good but you are gonna have to explain since im not sure how to do that.
thanks, 50cal

go into your bios, go to the "Frequency/Voltage Control" menu, and set "DRAM Clock(MHz)" to "100-DDR200" if your thunderbird has a 100/200mhz bus or "133-DDR266" if you have a 133/266mhz version.

If that gigabyte is like most gigabytes you go in to your bios and as soon as your there you hit CTRL+F1 at the same time , then go look in your different options and see where the settings are for your ram , then set the speed to = your final FSB .. either set it to 1:1 if you have ratio options or 100% if you have % options it should show you the resulting speed in there.

Thanks tauras and kermit ill give it a try and see what i can find. so by doing this ill get better performance outta my machine? and hey im all for that , more horse power !!!! more frame rates!!!!!.................ok illl settle down now........haha.:p

Originally posted by 50cal
also i believe my proc has a 266 fsb.

Yes I believe it is 133 x ? whatever the clock is set to so in that case the ram should be set to run at 266Mhz Total or Overall unlike the CPU in the bios the ram should be displayed at its final speed ... I am pretty sure in the Gigabyte your going to see an option to run it at 100% and it should show the resulting speed under that menu...

:)

kermit, so should i run it at 100% then or what should i have it set at. sorry if it seems you have to hit me with a 2x4.......lol, its just im not totally up to speed on this fsb stuff and how it can effect other parts of ones machine.
50 :eek:

also kermit i was looking at your 3dmark score and all i can say is wow!!! on the nature test you got like 76 or78 fps, and i am only getting 28fps......:(
i have a 1.3 amd athlon proc. geforce fx5200 256 meg at 8x agp. 512 megs of ddr400 ram.
any thoughts?

Yes I had it set just nice that day and I just can't be bothered to bench anymore, I am very happy with my Ti4200

Ok what you want is to match the ram speed to your current FSB meaning you are at 133 or if you prefere 266 which is the normal FSB for your CPU, in the bios find where you see the timings and settings for your RAM, and there is an option there to set the speed I hope LOL, I say hope because not all MOBO's allow for fine tuneing, but if it is possible where the RAM is you will need to set that to Expert that will then allow you to change the speed and at that point you choose to run the RAM at 1:1 or 100%

The end result is that your RAM runs at the exact same speed as the FSB.

As for fine tuning and benchmarks its all trail and error and getting the right setup, I did that when my rig was freshly formatted and its not one of them trick scores, meaning I did that with my rig set the same way I use it everyday.

As for the FX5200 not putting it down but it wont match the Ti4200 in brute speed, you would need an FX5600 ultra IMHO the lower FX's are ok for the $ , but the Ti4200 was one of the best buy's $ vs Performance ..

Too bad they stopped makeing them but understandable because you can't sell the baby FX's with the Ti sitting next to it on the shelf.

You can still find the Ti4200 on the net in places and its a steal these days.

And the only other thing if couse is the CPU 1.3 of course will not give same as what I have 2.4+ depending on what settings I want to use, the big difference is I can run at 210 FSB or if you prefere 420Mhz with Ram matched .... that makes the world of difference.

Don't worry about the benchies to much if your games look good and are playable spend your time playing and haveing fun :)

ok thanks bro , much appriciated!!! I will check out the bios when i get home from work and see what i can do. and yea i have seen lots of benchmarks lately of the ti4200's beating the crap outta the 5200's. it was a big step up from the geforce 2ti that i had...............lol. ill let you know what i find out when i check the bios out.
Thanks;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back