TaskManager Not Working

Piett

...will circle this city
I noticed about a week ago that my taskmanager was not working. What made me notice it was that my Norton didn't virus scan when it was scheduled, nor did it perform a disk defrag when i told it too. After playing around with the schedules to test that it actually wasn't running (like telling it to run in 2 days) i concluded that it was just dead. Is there anyway that i can get it going again? I checked services.msc and i made sure that it was an enabled service (Automatic) and it's dependencies are on Automatic too. I figured that reinstalling XP would solve the problem, but getting my vid cards to work is a pain in the rump. System restore is out, because I can't be sure when it actually stopped working. Any ideas out there?

Look in your Services and make sure the Protected Storage Service is running. It should be started, and set to start automatically. If it isn't, start it, and set it to start automatically. This is usually the reason for Scheduled Tasks not working correctly.

Thanks for the reply Jim. Protected Storage Service is both running, and set to automatic. Anyone have any different ideas?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back