tasklist cannot be run on Windows xp Home Edition?

J

jileiwin

My os is windows xp Home Edition,when I run tasklist in command prompt WINDOW, I get the error 'tasklist' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
So what shall I do if I want to see services running under process?Thanks.

try the ctrl alt del then click the Task Manager Tab...then the Process's Tab

thanks

Originally posted by jroc
try the ctrl alt del then click the Task Manager Tab...then the Process's Tab
Thanks ,but I want to see the services not the process.

www.sysinternals.com

Download the PS Tools. I'm sure one of those is more powerful than what you are trying to do.

BTW... using the CTRL+ALT+DEL method works. There is a tab for Processes that I am sure you didn't see.

then go to the control panel...adminstrative tools/ services...or type msconfig in the run bar

Another interesting tool to get information about services is the sc command, especially sc queryex.
Included in Home and Pro.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back