taskbar question

W

wassup_ken

i made a new taskbar with some icons and stuff, and i want to know if there is any way (or any program) that can remove the title & border from it, check the attachemnt (this is the original, the reply is what i want) thanks!

it would involve alittle html but you could do it with the active desktop.

ok, thanks, maybe i'll turn on active desktop and fiddle with it a bit

create a webpage (html file) and place somewhere on you hd. Then desktop.. properties..desktop...customize desktop button..web tab..new button... then point it to your html file you created..

once you get it where you want it... then check the lock check box.. and the window will disappear.

Hope this helps!

I expect to see a pic when done..hehehe :D

Tek!

There's a program that will kind of do what you are wanting, its actually very functional but I have no desire to take the time to learn how to work with it. Maybe you will:

http://www.windowspowerpro.com

I don't know if this is easier than html, maybe something to look into though.

ok, i'll try it, thanks, and pc_tek, do u know how to link to a file or a program? i link to the mirc.exe file and it tries to download it

maybe.....

you use file:// then the file name where it is found on your harddrive i believe... i might be wrong

it automatically puts that in front of the file, but when i click the link the file just tries to download
if i try a file without an extension (a shortcut) it says page can't be displayed, if i try a file with an extension (.exe, .vbs) it tries to download it

Originally posted by wassup_ken
ok, i'll try it, thanks, and pc_tek, do u know how to link to a file or a program? i link to the mirc.exe file and it tries to download it

I think there is a way to do it like empire mentioned but i am not for sure exactly.

I have linked .exe files in html before. i did it in probably the strangest way possible though. the way i did it was make a bogus file extention like .zzz and associate it with whatever program. then in html whenever i clicked it, it would open that program. i did this because in html, .exe. files like to download. Like i said that is probably the strangest way to do it, but it worked.

Im sure there are easier ways.

Tek!

i'll try that, thanks
nope, it still wants to download a .zzz file! =(

Originally posted by wassup_ken
i'll try that, thanks
nope, it still wants to download a .zzz file! =(

choose open from current location and check the box to not ask again =)

ok, with windows power pro (or whatever that prog is called) how do i make large icons? i got a button with a link to the file, but i want a large icon, thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back