taskbar music player?

J

J0sh

How do I get that taskbar music player back? I had it a while ago, but i reformatted and can't find it again. Someone said it came with WMP9, but i've never used that before, but used to have the music player.... and I tried XP power toys but couldnt find the one that included that... anyone know where i can get it?

u can find it over at hardwaregeeks.com
they used to have it here, but i couldnt see it in the download section anymore.

It's called shell player, and its a Microsoft Powertoy

hey SPeedY_B, thats what im thinking of, but I cant find it ANYWHERE... even on MS's main site... can anyone find a link to it or anything?

nevermind, i found it it wasn't in any of the seperate files, i hadda get the original full powertoys, thanks everyone.

:happy:
It should be in the official Microsoft Powertoys as far as im concerned, its a nice little app.
It was probably just some sort of test for Windows Media Player 9

WMP needs more skins that look like WAMP, such as the Mafia bar skin (I like that one). etc. yeah.

You can get a plugin for windows media player (8 only i think *shrug* ) that allows you to use Winamp 2.x skins for it, cant remember where the heck its from, but i remember thinking it was cool when i used it :D

Bah, wasn't 8, it was the media player 7 bonus pack ... n/m then :p

that would have been neat
but I am running 9series.

if u want powertoys with the shellplayer checkout hardwaregeeks.com in the downloads section(hard to get software)

w00t.

Ahar, im not going senile!
here is the "PowerToys for Windows Media Player for Windows XP"

Which includes a converter so you can use Winamp (2.x) skins with Windows Media Player. Here's the description...

Windows Media Player Skin Importer
Windows Media Player Skin Importer enables you to convert Winamp skins into Windows Media Player skins.

For better conversion results, download the Winamp 2.x Base Skin (Baseskin.zip) from the Winamp Web site (http://www.winamp.com).

Place the Baseskin.zip file either in your Winamp skins directory or in the same directory as the skins to convert. If a skin is missing files, Wa2WMP will retrieve those files from the Baseskin.zip file.

To convert a single skin

* Right-click on a Winamp skin file (with a .wsz file name extension), and then click Convert to Windows Media Player Skin.

The skin is converted and a Windows Media Player compatible skin is created in the same directory.

To convert multiple skins

1. Run Wa2wmp.exe.
2. Choose a location from which to import all of the files with .wsz and .zip file name extensions.

Windows Media Player Skin Importer converts all the files in the source directory and creates Windows Media Player compatible skins in the directory you specify.

:happy:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back