Taskbar help

napalmnthemorning

OSNN Senior Addict
brainurism again. :confused:
I've gone to properties and set my icon shortcuts to appear in my toolbar, but they won't appear there unless I manually set them up each time I log on. Any suggestions..

If you're talking about icons in the notification area (bottom right corner of the screen) then uncheck the "hide inactive icon" in the taskbar properties, all icons will be displayed.

If you mean the shortcuts like in the QuickLaunch bar, be sure that your shurtcut folder is accessible from your account or try to create another similar toolbar via rightclick on taskbar, Toolbars, New Toolbar...

hope this will help!

Thanks for the feedback. I believe I did uncheck the hide inactive icon, and it still didn't show in the task bar?

Clean it out & start fresh>

How To Clear the Past Items or Icons List in the TaskBar

1.Open Regedit Navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TrayNotify

2.Delete the IconStreams and PastIconsStream values

3.Open Task Manager, click the Processes tab, click Explorer.exe , and then click End Process .

4.In Task Manager, click Applications, click New Task , type explorer , and then click OK .

Outstanding Hipster! There are some "old" notifications in that taskbars!!! It will be good to clear them out. Thanks alot..

NP

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back