Taskbar Clock problems

R

ronenph1

Does somebody know why the clock in the taskbar sometimes shows a wrong hour ? (for example, now its 23:00 and it shows 22:00)

I'm fixing it but after some days it does it again.

WHy is that?
and how can I fix it ?

It's a battery inside your computer that saves your cmos settings in the event of an extended power outage. The CMOS keeps the time on your system and when the battery starts to go, the first indication is an inability to maintain the correct time. Computers used to use "AA" batteries but nowadays most use the flat CR?? type batteries. You can look in the user manual for your system or just open the box and look for a battery. Don't remove the old one until you are ready to install the new one (you can take it out for a moment to look at it if you need to).

BTW, if this is not a new problem but has been happening all along, it's possible you have the wrong time zone set in the Date & Time applet in the control panel. Thus, when time sync sets your clock it's setting it to the zone set rather than the correct zone.

i think thats the problem
because i got my pc a year ago
i hope the battery's life is not for a year only.
is it?

generally 3-5 years....but batteries don't come with calendars. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back