Task Manager problem

G

GrimPeeper

Ain't Windows XP Great?? Apart from one problem..

Task Manager seems to have stopped responding properly..

when CTRL+ALT+DEL is pressed, up pop's task manager minus a blue bar and the other tabs... only the "programs" view is up, and you cannot close it without right-clicking it in the system tray.

So far I have tried copying it across (Task Manager) from a computer I Know it works from, and that didn't make it work, also scanned for Virus' and that's bought nothing up. I dunno what else to try on the top of my head, I cannot re-install the OS 'cos my g/f has her accounting software on it, and it's not the easiest thing in the world to back up :) yes it could go on to a CD or 6.. but it's also Very time consuming and that's why it cannot be done.

Please get back to me ASAP as it's the only fault I have with Windows XP (apart from my own hard disk sometimes being as slow as shit) if u have any fixes for that let me know hehhehehe

not newbies mate.. and that I didn't realise that's all :) Cheers very much...

only other thing now is how to fix IE When opening stuff from ICQ (IE Crashes and so does ICQ)

any ideas on that one?? Once again Cheers very much :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back