Talk to God???

K

Kirrie2001

You will love this folks; - it's about the supposed capital of the world.....................

Mike, a man in Topeka, Kansas, decided to write a book about churches around the world. He started by flying to San Francisco, and started working east from there.

Going to a very large church, he began taking photographs and making notes.
He spotted a golden telephone on the vestibule wall and was intrigued with a sign which read "$10,000 a minute." Seeking out the priest he asked about the phone and the sign.

The priest answered that this golden telephone, is in fact a direct line to Heaven and if he pays the price he can talk directly to God.
The man thanked the pastor and continued on his way. As he continued to visit churches in Seattle, Virginia, Michigan, Chicago, Milwaukee, and all around the world, he found more phones with the same sign, and the same answer from each priest.

Finally, he arrived in Ireland. Cork, to be precise. Upon entering a church, behold he saw the usual golden telephone. But THIS time the sign read "calls 35 cents".

Fascinated, he asked to talk to the priest. "Father, I have been cities all over the world and in each church I found this golden telephone and have been told it's a direct line to Heaven and that I could talk to God, but in the other churches the cost was $10,000 a minute.

Your sign reads 35 cents a call. Why?

The priest smiling benignly replied, "Son, you're in Cork now...it's a local call."

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back