Taking forever for webpage to come up.

X

xk_2hot4u

Well, I went to dsl reports speed test to see if it was my isp, but its fine. Its taking at least 5-6 times as long for a webpage to come up. Any help would be appreciative.

Thanks for responses.

Yes, there have been other problems.

One is when I boot up to my desktop, it takes at least 30-40 seconds before I can open any applications, such as IE. I can open my Start menu fine.

Another problem I've noticed is an inordinate amount of cant display pages and problem trying to go to a previous page on IE.

These problems are somewhat recent too, but the opening of webpages once I actually have IE open happened today.

How about some info like SPeedY_B said ... no info no help.

taking forever for web pages to come up

I had a similar problem with slow loading and time outs etc., & all I could relate it to was the installation of recent updates from the windows update site. After consultation with M/soft tech's (free if you can relate the prob to a recent critical update) I did a system restore to a point in time prior to the installation of directx 9.0b and the new network TCP/IP stack and the problem went away.
I've not as yet attempted to re-install either of these updates to see which of them may have been the culprit if any.
Hope this helps :) walkabout.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back