Take away automatic spin-up of floppy/cd/dvd drives?

R

rraawwhh

I was wondering how I can stop my drives (particularly my floppy) from being accessed whenever I open my computer in XP home edition. Its annoying everytime I open 'my computer' my floppy drive rumbles and both my cd drives spin-up when I'm almost always going to my hard drive anyway (which incidentally sometimes isn't ready for me).

Ben

M

max

99.9% of the time that is caused by Antirus Programs...

what AV are you running ?

Check if it has the option to turn off Floopy Protect etc

;)

R

rraawwhh

It's not my antivirus. I realized that my floppy drive only tries to access itself when I scroll my mouse over its icon (any ideas how to make it not do that?). However the cd drives power up and starts spinning up whenever I open 'my computer'. I think the reason that that is bothering me so much is because my dvd drive is making seriously strange noises whenever it powers and spins up - it is under warranty so I'm getting a new one for free. :D

I

insaNity

yeah
it is bad design, and annoying

unforunately, I dont know how to turn it off...

you could probably stop it from happenin when u open 'my computer' at least - disable autrun, autoplay, and auto-insert notification, although the last one will probably cause problems...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut