Take away automatic spin-up of floppy/cd/dvd drives?

R

rraawwhh

I was wondering how I can stop my drives (particularly my floppy) from being accessed whenever I open my computer in XP home edition. Its annoying everytime I open 'my computer' my floppy drive rumbles and both my cd drives spin-up when I'm almost always going to my hard drive anyway (which incidentally sometimes isn't ready for me).

Ben

99.9% of the time that is caused by Antirus Programs...

what AV are you running ?

Check if it has the option to turn off Floopy Protect etc

;)

It's not my antivirus. I realized that my floppy drive only tries to access itself when I scroll my mouse over its icon (any ideas how to make it not do that?). However the cd drives power up and starts spinning up whenever I open 'my computer'. I think the reason that that is bothering me so much is because my dvd drive is making seriously strange noises whenever it powers and spins up - it is under warranty so I'm getting a new one for free. :D

yeah
it is bad design, and annoying

unforunately, I dont know how to turn it off...

you could probably stop it from happenin when u open 'my computer' at least - disable autrun, autoplay, and auto-insert notification, although the last one will probably cause problems...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back