Tablet Options

N

Not Bman

As of right now in my life I use Windows 7 as my main desktop computer at home. I use this because a desktop PC is what I am used too, and a Windows version that is.

My system is old enough that it's time to get a new one, but I am not sure if I should get another one. I am a heavy digital/cloud user, and most of my content is stored/edited/shared/streamed from the internet. The only reason I am really using a windows desktop PC is because I am used to it, and because of high-end gaming, which I don't actually do that often, but if I ever wanted too I want the option.

So what I am thinking is, is it possible for me to not have a normal desktop system? Can I live with a tablet computer?

So my question is, what is the best tablet out there for my needs? I am a Android fan boy so right off the bat, Apple products are off the table. I want a 10" tablet, since you can't get any bigger then that. I want to be able to come home and easily connect that to a monitor or TV screen. It needs to play 1080P blu-ray without issue, and I mean doing this while connected to a much larger screen. Of course, 16GB would be the minimum space needed to do what I need. I guess if I am using it this way it needs to support a physical keyboard, if it's bluetooth or something else, it's needed. I am thinking maybe a mouse as well, if I happen to actually be able to duel boot windows. I don't know if any can actually do this, but the ideal tablet would allow me to duel boot a windows OS, or any other. That would be a bonus. Having that windows OS be able to play full PC games would be nice, but I am pretty sure no tablet right now is powerful enough to do that.

I have a feeling this is asking a bit much, but I wanted your guys opinions on this.

I also tend to not like the Samsung phones/products, feels too plastic like.

I am looking towards the new Nexus 10, but I was just wondering if there is something better. Maybe a tablet out there people have already duel booted with, something that comes highly recommended.

The only problem I have with the Nexus 10 is that it's duel core, which I find weird, they put the highest resolution in that tablet, beating the iPad, but leave the awesome quadcore of the Nexus 7 out of it. Like wtf were they thinking?

*Yes, I know the new Nexus 10 is Samsung, but its a Nexus device, and does not look like their typical build quality

You've got me confused. A tablet is NOT a PC. It is an internet device with media capability. It will not repalce the funcitonality of a PC. Forget any kind of serious gaming, forget it as a software development platform if you are a programmer. There will be limitaiotns to what applications you can install. The full gamut of PC programs won't be vailable. Cloud based applications may be restricted also if the Tablet OS maker decides they will not support something.

So do you want just an internet / media appliance (tablet is an option) or do you want a desktop PC replacement (then you need a highend laptop)?

I still say an iPad is the best ... :lick:

I have 3 Nexus 7's in the house and everyone loves them. The Nexus 10 I'm sure is pretty slick ad a great tablet overall.

you can't do same stuff on tablet you used to do on pc. However if you are after windows o.s tablet look for asus and zoostorm tablet which has windows 8 o.s and you can attach keyboard too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back