TabBrowser Preferences Not available

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi all,

I am trying to figure out what I can use in replacement of "TabBrowser Preferences" add-on for Firefox3.

I really like the many tabbing options that add-on made available.

Is there something else available that I can use?

This is for my OpenSuse 11/ KDE3.5 main desktop machine.

Thanks all,

Heeter

You could try hacking the XPI file to allow it to install. I found this while using the FF3 beta for Windows:
An invaluable add-on that is currently broken for Firefox beta 3, but here is how to fix it to work! 1. Register and login to addons.mozilla.org. This will bring up a link "Ignore version check". Click that then right click "Add to Firefox" to save the extension to your desktop. 2. Rename opendownload-1.0.0-fx.xpi to opendownload-1.0.0-fx.zip, then open in WinZip or similar program 3. Open the install.rdf in WordPad or similar text editor (Notepad doesn't work well) 4. Near the bottom, modify the line: 2.0.0.* to read: 3.0.0.* Save and close install.rdf 5. If using WinZip, it will detect install.rdf has been changed and will prompt you to update the archive. Click Yes. 6. Close WinZip, and rename .zip file back to .xpi You should then be able to install plug-in as normal (just drag-and-drop the file into your Firefox window) Hope this helps!

Yahoo, That is much easier than modding a windows setup for my Opensuse setup.

Thanks Fitz,

Heeter

Yea I have been using Tabs Mix Plus since Firefox first came out. It has so many options and settings, it's amazing. I actually almost can't stand Firefox without it.

I agree BMan,

Firefox for me is useless without this add-on.

Heeter

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back