systray time/date display

Since installing Win7 Ultimate I was always seeing the time and date together in the tray which I liked but today it's just the time and I have to mouse over to get the date. I don't see any setting for this unless I'm just overlooking it. Anyone know how I can get it back?

unrelated, but clicking around that area I also discovered the peek/show desktop bar! Didn't know it was there! That will take some getting used to but it's better than having to right-click the taskbar to show the desktop

Type intl.cpl in RUN or start menu search box and press Enter. It'll open Regional and Language Options window. Now click on "Addition Settings" button. Click "Reset" button at the lower right corner and see if it solves the issue. Good luck.

drag the task bar up a little when it is at its lowest it only shows the time

I haven't done any that was suggested but it's back to showing both date and time now. I looked around the regional settings but I don't see anything related to this.
I also tried to shrink the taskbar but I guess it's already as thin as it's gonna get. If I make it bigger it also shows the day of the week but that much I can usually figure out on my own :)
Not sure why I lost it or why it came back...weird

well, it happened again.
tried the regional reset suggestion, no change.
tried resizing the taskbar, no change.
even if I drag it up to cover half the screen it still only shows the time.

any other ideas?

Are you using "Small Icons" in the taskbar properties?

nope
the only thing visible that has ever changed is the date going away.
I also haven't made any changes to anything

found the problem!
it's another tray program I have running at startup!
local tv station puts it out.
one icon flashes and makes a sound for breaking news/weather alerts and it also displays the temperature beside the clock. As soon as the temp shows up I loose the date display

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back