Systemworks wouldn't fully install, now won't uninstall

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Hey guys,

I am trying to install Norton Systemworks 2003 on my cousin's friend's laptop. His CDRom started making weird noises, and then failed to recognize the CD anymore in the middle of the installation. So Norton got as far as setting up the services and crap. Problem now is that nothing will run because it wasn't fully installed, and I can't uninstall because of some processes running that I don't know about. I was going to get WhoLockMe? in order to determine what was locking the programs out, however for some reason internet stopped working well on the laptop as well.

So what should I be looking for in order to delete Norton Systemworks? I tried reinstalling over it, but the program won't allow me to install either Antivirus or Ghost because it is already picking them up on the system. Deleting the files doesn't work because they're locked. *Sighs*

If it's not uninstalling due to running processes, then end the processes you don't recognize and then try uninstalling. Another option is to look in the startup tab of msconfig (Run --> msconfig) and untick anything related to the program. Also, you could boot into SafeMode to uninstall because the program probably won't try to load there.

As for the install problems you had to begin with, it's hard to pinpoint the root of the problem. Something to try would be copying all of the files from the CD to the hard disk, and then try installing. Good luck and I hope some of this helps! :)

Hi m8
Symantec has a program that will remove all of the program. What happens when you uninstall NS is that it still leaves part of it self on your computer, and when you go to re-install it again it could fu*k up on you. It happen to me 5 times, but after I used the program, it installed properly.

ejm

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back