System Temperature

Andy

Meep.
whats a good temp for my processor to be running at? its like 90 degrees apparently, but wouldnt it have burst into flames and buggered up?

I'd Shut down quike And try to find out what's wrong. The safe temp for an athlon is up to around 85C although under 65 is better. Anything over 65c and cpu errors start. Mine runs around 50c

its been running fine, no errors, for over a month, but the temp is apparently high. i dont know whats up, im going to try adjusting the clock speed, i think it may be higher than regulated.

my heatsink is also ass.

Doom... he never mentioned whether or not it was 90C or 90F. my P4 is running at 36C/96F

sorry, centigrade. the temp is now falling. i was under the impression i had bought a 2800, but i have apparently been lumbered with a 2600. after correcting the clock speeds, the temp is falling.

i will be contacting the place i got the processor from, buying those new fans and heatsinks, and everything should be sorted.

temp is still WAY higher than it should be... overclocked (slightly) and crappy hsf included. i'm betting it's just not installed properly.

invest in some arctic silver 3 or 5 and take off your hsf, clean both surfaces thoroughly, and apply some of that on the contact surface.

My 3000+ runs at 40ºC with an Aero 7 Lite :D
As everyone said, thats extremely hot, and pretty dangerous to the chip too.
Get a better hatsink, theyre not expensive and are really worth the expenditure.

heh. my P4 2.4 usually runs at around 34C-38C, and i'm usin the fan that came with the CPU.

Allthough THIS is the heatsink fan i REALLY want for it. But if i build my own computer entirely from scratch when i have enough money later on, i'd hope to go water cooled. seems like a good choice.

hybrid said:
whats a good temp for my processor to be running at? its like 90 degrees apparently, but wouldnt it have burst into flames and buggered up?
Is that 90°C or 90°F? If it's C then you are just fine. If its F then I would say you are getting a bad reading.

my rig runs @ 35c @ load :)

/me loves the athlon64's and their heatspreaders..

cool n quiet is also a lovely development :D

ok. heres a mission:

i want to get a good heatsink, a 120mm fan and an 80mm fan. i have £30 to spend. i may be able to do without the 80mm for now, if the budget is too small. where can i get these items and match my budget?

oh wait, yea, i see. i dont see the 120mm fan for any cheaper than £9.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back