• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

system speaker

sparky

OSNN Addict
hi, got a little problem,every time that i adjust the volume in the system tray the internal speaker goes "ping"only once each time that i move the slide bar,its annoying as hell any way to resolve this short of pulling the wires inside the case, got xp pro running 1.2 athalon,60 gig hd 512 ram ,gygabyte mobo on board sound-sound from external speakers ok

Taurus

hardware monkey
you can try going into control panel > Sounds... and finding 'defualt beep' and setting no sound for it. just tried this with mine and now the pc speaker beeps instead. maybe it won't with yours..? worth a try.

oops... ignore that. i misread the question. my bad. }:p

J

john30uk

speaker

**** sake ive been messing around for 3 days with same problem blaming norton 2002.
I dont know what changed the settings as i didnt
funny how its happened to a few of us,maby somelink we downloaded on here did it.

Taurus

hardware monkey
pretty sure it happens if you disable the windows sounds. once 'default beep' is disabled, it has the pc speaker beep instead.. even if it's supposedly muted. can only come up with unplugging the internal speaker.

freightgod

Confused and Bewildered
Solution:

Download the attached file (empty.rar) and rename it with a .wav extension. It actually is a no-content .wav file. Or make your own.

Place it in the folder "C:\Windows\Media"

Open the "Sound and Audio Devices" thingy from the Control Panel.
Click on the "Sounds" tab. Select the "No Sounds" Sound Scheme. Under "Program events" select "Default Beep" and browse your way to the "empty.wav" file.

Select "Save As" and give your new scheme a new name. Tada! No more beep!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar