System shutdown without any reason

C

chippie

My system shutsdown sometimes giving the following message:

pfn_list_corrupt plz restart system.

This happens especially when I'm busy with files (lot of traffic to my hardisk)
After the restart, the system works fine. Any idea what the problem is and how to solve this?
Sometimes i get also a message (by system startup) that my video driver is not correct, but according ATI site i use the latest driver for my card.

System:
P III 500 Mhz 384 Mb, 20 Gb hd and 10 Gb hd, ATI 128 expert 32 MB video card.

thanks René

I've used the sfc function, it costs some time (10 minutes) but it gave no errors at all. I don't know if sfc changes something but I'll monitor the system. Till now no more automatic shutdowns.

René

Try the ram. I have problems with random reboot and it was cause by a bad ram.

I just had the problem again, but now when I start my computer. The problem the pc gave was something like this:

problems with ati2dvaa.dll
stop: 0x000000ea (0x8253fcb0, 0x82694f60, 0x827338d0, 0x00000001)

How do I check my ram?

René

"ati2dvaa.dll" that indicates its your graphics card problem, try changing the drivers, I think new ones have been released recently

According ATI I'm using the latest driver, but I'll try to re-install the drivers, I let you know.

René

It sounds like it could be RAM to me too. "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT" stop errors are usually related to either a hard drive (or some other I/O device, or bad RAM. Bad RAM will cause a lot of currupted files. Some files are more suseptable to corruption than others. The fact that you seem to be getting random failures do to "currupt files" seems to indicate faulty RAM.

If you have more than 1 stick of RAM. Try using your system with 1 at a time. Until you can isolate the problem.

Okay, I've had the problem again after I've installed the new drivers so I believe you and will test my ram. I've 3 units of ram in my pc (1 x 64 Mb 100 MHz, 2 x 128 Mb 133 Mhz) I wil remove the ram one by one and see what the system does. Is there a some program to test ram?

René

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back