System Restore

neve1064

OSNN Junior Addict
Should I keep my giant system restore points folder now that I have my computer running great or should I erase them all and just create one for the way it is now? Space Monger shows the system restore folder taking 1.5 gigs of HD space and I am down to 38% free on my OS HD.

Also, is there a way to erase certain restore points and keep others?

It all depends, if I have my system running how i want, no problems, but not that much harddrive space, i would delete. U have enough space, leave it how it is, dosen't matter.

Not sure about the eraseing certain ones, im assuming there is

Here is the most complete informational link I have found on System Restore!

In answer to your question about keeping certain ones and erasing others, see the "Can I make System Restore permanently store a restore point so it is always available to restore to?" section in the link above! Simply put the answer is no!

Also if space is a concern on your HHD see the section titled "How can I adjust how much space System Restore uses on my disk?" in the link above also!

Hope this helps you out!

You can remove older rstore points by reducing the restore file size limit or turn off restore to purge the whole mess.

After a major change when everything is working I wipe the fiel snd start over. The last thing you want is to be stepping backwards to restore points that were unstable or support the wrong harwdare configuration.

Speaking of which... BRB my new STAT HD is working fine. Time to purge all the IDE HD restore points.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back