System restore

M

madman

can anyone tell me how to delete all but the most current restore point??!!

thanks all

Open up My Computer; right-click on the disk you want to clean old System Restore points from. Select properties, now press the Disk Cleanup button from the menu. Click on the More Options tab, hit Cleanup under the box marked System Restore, select yes when asked if your sure, Thats it.

ok, but if you want to delete specific restore points, and keep the ones you want;

How to Gain Access to the System Volume Information Folder (Q309531)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The information in this article applies to:

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Microsoft Windows XP Professional

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUMMARY
This article describes how to gain access to the System Volume Information folder. The System Volume Information folder is a hidden, system folder that the System Restore tool uses to store its information and restore points. There is a System Volume Information folder on every partition on your computer. You might need to gain access to this folder for troubleshooting purposes.

MORE INFORMATION
To gain access to the System Volume Information folder, use the steps in the appropriate section.

Windows XP Professional or Windows XP Home Edition Using the FAT32 File System
Click Start , and then click My Computer .

On the Tools menu, click Folder Options .

On the View tab, click Show hidden files and folders .

Clear the Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) check box. Click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the change.

Click OK .

Double-click the System Volume Information folder in the root folder to open it.

Windows XP Professional Using the NTFS File System on a Domain
Click Start , and then click My Computer .

On the Tools menu, click Folder Options .

On the View tab, click Show hidden files and folders .

Clear the Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) check box. Click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the change.

Click OK .

Right-click the System Volume Information folder in the root folder, and then click Sharing and Security .

Click the Security tab.

Click Add , and then type the name of the user to whom you want to give access to the folder. Choose the account location if appropriate (either local or from the domain). Typically, this is the account with which you are logged on. Click OK , and then click OK .

Double-click the System Volume Information folder in the root folder to open it.

I've never done this...let me know how it goes

do me a favor...before you mess with this folder, export you registry...hit your registry shortcut I gave you in the my favorite tweaks thread hehe target C:\WINDOWS\regedit.exe ), hit file,export, make sure the box on the bottom left that says "all" is checked...then name the file "before I messed with the system restore"...or whatever...just for safeties sake

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back