System Restore Problem

C

Crossy

I need to restore my PC to a time a couple of days ago (I downloaded a program - which my PC doesn't like, and consequently I can't get on to Blueyonder broadband).

Unfortunately my PC keeps saying that I have no restore points, and won't let me add any! - when I try to add some restore points the system just hangs.

Any ideas anyone!!

Thanks in advance

In my experience with Blueyonder the cable just comes in via a cable into a network card in your pc... so check your connections and run the home networking wizard..

To get system restore to work turn it off by going to my computer\properties\system restore. Turn it off then reboot then turn it back on. From there it should work. ;)
Be patient as it creates the first restore point. It might take a few minutes.

crossy - I have all kinds of ideas - from task scheduler to file association for HTML to System Restore disabled - etc.

Look here

Check through the article looking for anything that might apply to your case.

BTW - and this is not intended as a flame - just some useful info:

Why would someone trying to do a system restore to a previous state want to disable system restore?

This erases all previous restore points - thus even if you reenable it - it will not have a restore point available -prior to the problem!

If you have system restore problems, you might check tosee if you have a highpoint raid controller. It has a file that stops system restore from working. To resolve this you must delete the file hptpro.sys from the c:\windows\system32\drivers\ directory.

I found this to be the case with my new machine. Allwas well after that. Hope this helps.

+ damnyank win's with comen sense.....

but the reboot thing should sort out futre prob's, but u loose a point 2 go back 2:p

Originally posted by damnyank
Why would someone trying to do a system restore to a previous state want to disable system restore?

This erases all previous restore points - thus even if you reenable it - it will not have a restore point available -prior to the problem!
Crossy's system has no restore points & he cannot create one.
Quote from Crossy "Unfortunately my PC keeps saying that I have no restore points, and won't let me add any! - when I try to add some restore points the system just hangs."
The only way I know how to re-enable system restore when this happens is to turn it off, reboot, then turn it on again. Crossy is stuck with the problem because system restore does not work for him unless he finds another way to back out of his problem but by doing what is suggested he will be able to create new resore points from then on.

Ref: restore points

Have you tried to click on the bold date in the calendar ? or atleast move the arrow key backwards ? try moving the < and > keys in the calendar box and see if there is any restore points, if there are the date should be in bold numbers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back