System Restore Not Working !

percy

OSNN Senior Addict
Hi. Do we already have posts for "system restore not working"? If not, this is my problem. I can't use the system restore function of my Xp pro even if i tried it in safe mode. do i need to "zero-out" the disk space for this to work again? I need help!
Thank you.

trackrat

Birmingham UK
syatem restore

Right click My Computer, left click Properties, left click System Restore and make sure the turn of box is not ticked, if it is take the tick out by left clicking on it then click apply then OK.
While you have the System Properties box open also check that the Disk space usage box is not set to Min, if it is move the slider to the right then click apply & OK.

cat826237

OSNN Addict
Mine also not working.

I get the error message "rundll32.exe Entry Point Not Found" The procedure entry point Remote Assistance Prepare System Restore could not be located in the dynamic link library.

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
I don't use system restore. I just have another partition I use for back up and use just do a plaan reformat ..

leedogg

Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!
I periodically clone my main drive with ghost but this is still my last resort... It is plain dumb not to use/take advantage of SR, i mean worse case scenario if it doesnt restore properly, you just reformat...which you're doing anyway. Restore has saved my butt plenty of times and there really is no reason not to have it as an option.

cat826237

OSNN Addict
Hipster Doofus: I have no problem at startup, only when I try to restore. Also same error message when I try to go into "properties" after a right click on "My Computer"

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
If you just want to get it going again do the first step of what trackrat posteed above. Your system will want to reboot when you turn it off. YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR RESTORE POINTS. When rebooted go back & turn it on. A new retore point will be created. It should now be working.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samhicks