System Restore not functioning

O

oakland

I do not know what happened but I lost System Restore from the "System Properties" menu. When I right click My Computer and select Properties I get a;

"RunDLL32.exe - Unable to locate Component" "This application has failed to start because framedyn.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem."

I have searched for this framedyn.dll dll file and it is there in the directory where it is supposed to be. Is there anyway to reinstall System Restore?? Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Iwould love to use system restore to fix the problem but obviously I cannot. ;)

Just curious - If you go Start, All Programs, Accessories, and System Tools - is System Restore the last item in the drop down list?

If it is there - I assume (hate that word) you get some kind of error and it does not load when you click on it??

Thanks for replying. The answer is yes, it is the last item in the drop down list and your assumption is correct, it gives me the same error and the program will not start. Any suggestions?

ive had that error also before, it comes up also when u right click my computer and click properties

i did the method listed under Verify System Variables and its fixed now

damnyank you the Man!!!! Thanks for the direction, its all cleared up now and funtional.

Can you tell me how you found out the info on Micro's Web site. This wany i can find out this info on my own next time instead of relying on other people. This would be an asset to me. Again thank you very much. I was debating on wiping clean and re-installing. Wow you saved me a lot of time and agravation.

Thanks again!

Thank you to mupp too for your input.

sure
go to Microsoft's site, and at the top highlight support. Click knoweledge base.
On the left hand side there is a search bar...when u receive an error type the name of the file that had an error or any keywords that were in the error...you're sure to get a result for what you typed in 99% of the time...i hope i helped you

u could alway's do a system restore that should fix it:D :D :D :D

Originally posted by oakland
Can you tell me how you found out the info on Micro's Web site. This wany i can find out this info on my own next time instead of relying on other people. This would be an asset to me.

mupp has the right idea about finding things on microsoft's site - however I usually start with a broader search area.

I did a Goggle search for the error and actually looked at about three different sites prior to deciding to sent you the Microsft Knowledge Base one. I like to put some thought into these things and see if I also understand them - and since I am a bloomin idiot - I figure if I understand it - then it would be a piece of cake for anyone else to understand!

Glad you got it working!

:D :D :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back