• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

System Restore???? Helppp

i need to know how to do a system restore
accidentally deleted my cd rw and dvd drives and cant instal em again :( if you know how to install em again tha would help too...

cd rw drive
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

dvd drive
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

:huh:

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
Now we are getting somewhere. See if this applies>

CD - Rom Error Codes

CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19, or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Windows XP

Resolution
WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

To resolve this behavior, follow these steps:

1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
2. Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
4. Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
5. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
6. Quit Registry Editor.
NOTE: After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, if you notice lost functionality in a particular program, such as CD recording software, you may need to reinstall that software. If the problem recurs, consult with the software vendor for assistance.

7. Restart your computer.

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
Now we are getting somewhere. See if this applies>

CD - Rom Error Codes

CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19, or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Windows XP

Resolution
WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

To resolve this behavior, follow these steps:

1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
2. Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
4. Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:
5. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
6. Quit Registry Editor.
NOTE: After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, if you notice lost functionality in a particular program, such as CD recording software, you may need to reinstall that software. If the problem recurs, consult with the software vendor for assistance.

7. Restart your computer.
sweet
they're both there now
imma check em both c if there working fine
but at least they both show up on my computer lol thanks Hipster Doofus
mmm where'd u get all the info from
M$ site...buh where/how i seen a lot of ppl get it buh never knew how
and the system restore thing if i did want to do it how would i?..jus for future knowledge

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
I found it somewhere. Don't ask me where. I'm getting into the habit of adding web links but a lot I have still miss them. What tips & tweaks I see I copy & put them in my xp document folder for reference.

To use system restore make sure it is turned on for the drives you want to cover. Right click my computer/properties/system restore.
I put a shortcut on the desktop.
Righ click desktop/new/shortcut. Copy & paste this>
%SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe
Then I make my own restore point every now & then, especially before installing unknown software.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix