• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

System Restore gone Funny

anybody else had this before, any ideas how to fix it. PC has been restarted a few times and message recurs.

PC running XP home, if that helps. SysRestore was turned off, to remove a worm virus.

Perris Calderon

Staff member
Political User
this is funny, the whole purpose of using service instead of the start up folder is that it keeps starting once it does shut down.

interesting

dai

OSNN Junior Addict
do a repair from the cd
boot from the cd
choose install
when the first repair option comes up ignore continue with install
when it finds the previous installation then choose repair

dai

OSNN Junior Addict
by doing the repair you don't lose any of your files,and people being instructed over the phone or internet that don't have much computer knowledge usually find it easier to follow.it was only a suggestion.

Why not use the remote tools and get into her PC? That's why XP has them built in... Although I would never use them. I would use a 3rd party VNC before ever using the Remote Assistant.

Shamus MacNoob

Political User
Originally posted by Un4gIvEn1
Why not use the remote tools and get into her PC? That's why XP has them built in... Although I would never use them. I would use a 3rd party VNC before ever using the Remote Assistant.
Why?

And the repair option above is a very good easy way to fix alot of stupid mis haps :)

K

kitct

Geffy - When I have had a similiar prob (if I'm readin this right) the answer for me was to turn off sys restore, reboot, turn it back on, reboot, an then it worked again. :)

Edit: Oops, I see this has already been suggested.Never mind!:D

RPC is running fine, we cant use Remote Assistance as we are both behind University Proxy servers so it doesnt work.

I have asked her to send or post the Event Viewer information. I hope that will help find a solution

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown