System Info app still not working

T

TomStet

Hello folks

I posted a little while ago and had a few replies but I still have not been able to get the System information app to run or the support app to run. I Have XP pro.
I tried to tun the app (think it was sysinfo32.exe) I just get an hourglass then nothing.
When I look in the task manager no new apps run so it's not running.
I have installed the DX9 Beta drivers and SP1 but the DXdiag runs fine.
As I previously mentioned I may have changed a setting in
a "Click Happy moment"
or it could have been the regcleaner app I ran.

I can't point to an excact time that I noticed this problem, I can't say I did this and then it did'nt work. This one has me chasing my tail. I have not yet tried going back to an old system restore point as of yet.

any suggestions will be helpful :confused:

One possible solution

Hi Tomstet,

One thing you could try is sfc /purgecache and then sfc with the /scannow switch using the XP CD. This might help you out with some built-in functions/apps aren't working. As well you could try expanding the sysinfo.ex_ file from the XP CD, should be in the i386 folder.

Hope this helps.

Might have asked you this before, I don't know >
Have you used Toni Arts Easy Cleaner? If not ignore this.

I tried you suggestion and still no good

This is odd, I will post a solution once I find it.

I used Regcleaner I think I downloaded it from Download.com

Use regcleaner to restore the registry & see if all is ok. If not just run regcleaner again.

None of these suggestions have worked, I don't have a restore point where this app or the M$ help and support function works. I may try a fresh install as I have no idea at what point my system became crippled. I think there may be a pointer or link that is now not working, my best guess would be some registry app I ran had this side effect and at the time I was not aware of it.

the easyest thing is 2 do a fesh install!!!

back up all ur work + app's on 2 c.d + format + reinstall.

Have you checked, if there are any backups made by regcleaner? Usually there is a backup folder in the programfiles directory, where regcleaner is installed.
Just a thought but might help: Have you already installed SP1? It replaces most of the systemfiles and the registry. Perhaps problems get fixed this way. If not you can reinstall at anytime.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back