System crashing, but only when I'm not in the room.

BouncingSoul said:
Already done. I even checked the power settings in the bios. There is nothing in there to suggest a problem either.

agreed. the power settings would not effect anything so it would have NOTHING to do with the problem u are encountering

lestiddy: if you say it would have no effect, and has nothing to do with his problem.... that makes it seem like you know exactly what is causing it..... but none of us do apparently. at this point it's just a shot in the dark. Standby/Hibernate/etc... seems like the most plausible cause due to the fact that it only happens when he's NOT using his computer. Overheating has been ruled out since it doesn't happen while gaming, and apparently it's not really something hardware-failure related since it would also probably happen when the hardware is stressed (i.e. during gaming) than when it's sitting around. it's just one minor thing that we're all overlooking.... i know it is..... but WHAT it is has become troublesome.

I couldn't find anything in the BIOS that seems responsible. I'll keep looking if have more problems. However, my system was on all day today while I was at work, it ran Dr Divx and played a lot of Oblivion and hasn't shown any problems. Here's hoping that it's somehow good as new.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back