System + Cpu Temp Help

D

dsmlaser

Hey Everyone!
My cpu is currently running at 45C/113F
And my sys is running at 32C/89F

Does this seem acceptable? This was taken after an overnight idle...

Thanks!
-Mike

seems ok to me, my cpu runs about 42-45

Damn that's warm for a Intel CPU. My T-Bird runs ~40 C Idle with my system at ~27 C. Make sure you have good contact with your CPU to the HSF. Thermal pad = BAD. AS2=GOOD.

That seems high for a PIII, but I don't know for sure. You might want to research what that baby's rated at.

i've been running a program called VCool which was posted on here the other day and it displayed my cpu and system temp, but i've just installed a differnt monitor and it displays the same readings but the othere way around!?

whats hot for MB/system temp?

Originally posted by Khayman
i've been running a program called VCool which was posted on here the other day and it displayed my cpu and system temp, but i've just installed a differnt monitor and it displays the same readings but the othere way around!?

whats hot for MB/system temp?

I am using this program too...lol since i posted it. I noticed that my cpu and system temps were backwards, dead on accurate, just backwards. So I thought it was a bug in the program, so I posted vcool's forum.

It turns out if you go to vcools options, you can change it there. This is the only thing I havent liked about this program. Anyways, in the options In the upper left, you probably have CPU 1 and System 2. Change those to CPU 2 and System 1. Wierd! But effective.

My current temps on asus A7V 1ghz T-Bird:

CPU 35c
System 25c

:p

dear me, from all your temperatures it seems that mine might be too hot!

i got an Athlon 1200 running at idle temp of 55 deg and system temp - 25 deg

what do u reckon?

d3c:(

Currently i am at CPU 47 and sys 44

athlon 1800

Originally posted by d3c1pH3r
dear me, from all your temperatures it seems that mine might be too hot!

i got an Athlon 1200 running at idle temp of 55 deg and system temp - 25 deg

what do u reckon?

d3c:(

dear you.. my 1ghz t-bird used to run 50c at idle or full load. So I would say you might be alittle hot but not overboard. I am currently experimenting (3 days) with some software that takes power away from the cpu during the idle state, therefore lowers the temp. This is why mine is so low at 35c. The software seems to be working well, i havent had any performance gain or loss from it. I started using it because at 50c I felt it too hot (personally).

There have been some discussions of whether this software is good for the cpu or bad. I have emailed AMD to ask that question and I have yet to hear back from them on a firm answer (been 2 days). They are probably laughing at me...hehehe Anyways, when I hear an answer, I am going to post there email.

If you want the free software, goto www.vcool.de and download it. This website has pretty good documentation of their software and their own forum to ask questions and things about their software. I recommend you read through the website and try to make your best educational guess on whether to use it or not. I can only say it has dropped me 15c for what I use my computer for (internet/office - no games).

Hope this helps!

good stuff!

sounds like its worth a try, at least...
i'll be doing that now
thanks for that (your original post of 35c at idle was what prompted me to make that post :))

d3c

vcool.de but but its in German....where's the SW?

For those who can't read German.......help?

in the top left coner of the site is a link to the english version

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back