System Backup

NuclearSmegma

This Space for Rent
I run XP Home and have 32 gig used on my machine.

I have never backed up my system, but figure it's probably wise to do so. Any sugesstions on what I should use? I can burn to DVD or CD.

Hey NuclearSmegma - ya gotta be kidding us - no one is from an island in the middle of a river in Harrisburg, PA! Man, your rig gotta be glowing!!:D :D
<Only kidding - couldn't pass up the opportunity - I am orignally from the Reading area>

There are many opinions on what to use, there are some programs about that work just fine for a backup image. I use Drive Image 2002, and there is also Norton's System Ghost.

Which one is best can be answered 1000 times on this forum and it pretty much all comes down to what you feel comfortable with.

I would suggest you do a search for Drive Image 2002 or Norton
System Ghost on this forum and give the threads a read.

Here's some info on the products:
Drive Image here

Norton Ghost here

Nero will burn a backup set, automatically spanning as many disks as you need.
Be prepared, a backup of this size will take some time, and quite a few disks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back