Sync O.E. with msn mail Account

Alan

its only fun
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can give me some idea as to why I cannot seem to get O.E. to sync with my @msn.com e-mail account.

I can get my @hotmail.com accounts to sync but no joy with the @msn.com accounts.

It was sync'ing ok until I have just done a re-format, am I missing something in the accounts set up procedure:eek:

Any help appreciated as this has been pisting me off for a while now:rolleyes:

Alan

Alan - just a shot in the dark as I do not use @msn.com e-mail but it would be my guess that you have something wrong or an incorrect URL on the "server tab" under properties for that account!

Don't know what ya need for your msn.com e-mail - maybe this can get ya looking in the right direction????? :confused:

Hi dy,

Thx for the reply ;)

When I try to sync the @msn.com e-mail accounts and get to the "My incoming mail server is a" I have three choices

POP3
IMAP
HTTP

Now I know its a HTTP sever so I follow the instructions from there, everything is ok.

Try to get the Folder to download into O.E. and get the "Try again later" message.

I have e-mailed Hotmail support but as yet recieved no reply :blink:

As I said before @hotmail.com works like a charm

If anyone else has any ideas please post

Alan:blink:

Alan have you tried using Pop3? When I used to use msn my settings were:
pop3.email.msn.com
smtp.email.msn.com

I never had a HTTP, and I believe I checked the box for secure password as well (it's been so long I have forgotten the exact name of the box, sorry). I haven't used msn in awhile so things might have changed. I hope I was able to help a little!

Hi F/Dredd

Just tried your suggestion with no luck :(

I have tried all sorts of various ways to configure the accounts with @msn.com, but as I say with no luck.

Thnx for the reply anyway ;)

Alan

Are you using MSN Explorer on that pc? They have that thing where you have to use their browser! Just thought I'd ask...

MSN explorer is installed..

But I always use I.E.

How do you mean?
They have that thing where you have to use their browser!

Cheers
Alan

If you have MSN Explorer 7 or 8 you can't use Outlook Express. They make it so you have to use the Explorer browser in order to get the email.

Hmmmm,

I have it installed, but don't use it.

The thing is it was working ok until a recent re-format :confused:

I'm currently reading through a msn article on this subject and seem to be getting a little further with..

[pop3.email.msn.com] in the "incoming mail server POP3" Box

[smtp.email.msn.com] in the "outgoing mail server SMTP" Box

When sync'ing now I am getting a box up requiring my username and password, but for some reason its not accepting them. :confused:

I can see the F.B.H. coming out soon. /me mad

Cheers
Alan

You'll need to go to the properties of that account and put your info in and then check the box to remember password (unless you have already done that), also try checking the login with either secure or clear text (can't remember which one). That might help as well!

Try this

This will do the trick,
Use the HTTP tool located at http://supportservices.msn.com/us/oeconfig/ to check @msn.com email in Outlook Express. This tool will configure OE to work with @msn.com, as it needs a different server than @hotmail.com.
Hope it helps, did the job for me

MadRaven®

Argggggggh

Settings - E-Mail Tool
Configure Outlook Express® to read your Web-based e-mail

Sorry, this service is not available to accounts on the unknown domain.

wtf

Time for something to eat, a little calmer, a re-think and then the F.B.H. will be coming out :)

Alan

Did you sign in with your msn passport?
Cause if you signed in with hotmail it surely won't work.
After your response I rechecked it myself, workes fine!

MadRaven®

Re: Try this

Posted by MadRaven
This will do the trick,
Use the HTTP tool located at http://supportservices.msn.com/us/oeconfig/ to check @msn.com email in Outlook Express. This tool will configure OE to work with @msn.com, as it needs a different server than @hotmail.com.
Hope it helps, did the job for me

MadRaven®

You are a star :D :D :D

I was signing in using my Hotmail id instead of my msn id.

It is all sync'ed up now, thax a lot

Alan:)

MadRaven,

Sorry my post hit just as you replied.

Once again thax a bunch

If you are ever down my way the first one's on me :)

Alan

Hey MadRaven,

Forgot to mention [wrapped up in my little problem];)

Welcome to the community :):):)

Alan

Been here from the start (visiting XP-erience daily since late last year, if I remember correctly), but I've been lazy to register and to post :p !
This is one of the best sites there is!
Although I wish they add an RSS server to work with the news plugin/ trillianpro (works about the same as Klipfolio)

MadRaven®

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back