Sync file app suggestions

zapoqx

Striking Master
I was wondering if anyone had a sync app suggestion they could throw my way. Here is my issue:
I used to use Groove 2007 for my sync needs. The problem is since I went to Windows 7 64-bit on my desktop, Groove 2007 doesn't support 64-bit and outright refuses to attempt any method of syncing. This causes me concern as I have a few files both projects and non-projects that needs to be in sync between the Windows 7 64-bit desktop and the Windows XP Pro 32-bit laptop. I would have posted this in the Windows 7 apps, but considering I need help with getting syncing between 1 system that is Win 7 and 1 system that isn't, that is why I came to this forum section.
With that said, I remember seeing on PC World that there were a few sync applications and each with its own features. However, 1 of which that sounded good apparently had an update on the review saying that many users were complaining they were getting files corrupted with it. Because of my worry, I came to the conclusion I should ask the people here that usually handle such things on a day-to-day basis. I can't really afford Office 2010 right now especially with the version that would have the Groove equivalent (which I don't remember the name) so getting that would be out of the question.
I'd like to have my files sync'd up.
Would prefer if it auto sync's accordingly to modifications instead of manual syncing.
Higher than a 200MB limit for files would be nice.
IF possible, sync up files wherever I go as opposed to only being able to at home (but it isn't mandatory).

So I guess I wait for your responses! Thanks in advance!

Windows 7 has sync tools built in.

Go into help and search for sync then look for sync center.

Right, but it doesn't answer getting my laptop that has Windows XP Pro 32-bit to sync. Although good to know about that Windows 7 sync.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back