Symantec support - subscriptions

S

Simes

Morning all,

I recently followed the Symantec links to renew subscriptions for all the usual updates for the next year.

Paid the cash, received the Subscriptions keys email but having followed instructions in every possible medium; tutorial, email, knowledge base... I find I still cannot make the Subs window appear in wghich the Sub Key figure should be inserted.

To make matters worse, the keys are time limited to two weeks, I work away from home and I am........indeed, have been on the phone to their Custy sevices line for 45 mins. (I'm sure they're all away today)

Is there a time before which when one performs the Live Update, the Subs window does not appear. I ask as it is still a month away from having to update and am figuring that is the only possible reason.

Cheers

Originally posted by Simes
Is there a time before which when one performs the Live Update, the Subs window does not appear. I ask as it is still a month away from having to update and am figuring that is the only possible reason.

Yes it would appear so. You wont be taken to the subscription dialog until your close to or past the expiry date. If on the main page your subscription service has the green tick next to it Norton wont present you with any way to update it. Thats really in your best interest also by buying before expiry your renewing when for x amount of time that you dont need.

I would talk to Symantec again or roll your clock forward a month ;)

Cheers fellas.

I eventually got through to someone - 45 mins later. I'm talkimg dedication.

Will try the suggestions though.

S.

Rolling your clock back would not help. My friend tried that before, he's also tried uninstalling and re-installing the software and it still expires at the original date set at the very first install.

My comment about the clock was more of a joke ;)

why didn't you just buy an upgrade?

Less hassle.

I liked norton 2001 products as when you got to end of subs you just uninstalled reinstalled and it started a new subs.

I got my new subscription by trying out 2004 version trial, then uninstalled it, installed 2002 versions, uninstalled em and reinstalled 2003 versions , now my subs have 11 months left.

Just buy a new version gotta be better than having all that hassle.

Its often cheaper to upgrade also :) But he has already payed for the renewal.

Well, to set the scene perhaps more clearly, and this will help the likes of Henyman who has no doubt had 20 years experience of Norton incongruencies in his 18 years of life, I have had NIS for precisely the one year.

So a variety of Norton experiences, tricks of the trade, insider info and tried and tested shortcuts in this particular arena are thin on the ground.

As for buying an upgrade, who knows? I figured the £20 for the next 12 months would see me clear in a cheaper fashion than whole new boxes of kit - but then I could be wrong.

Cheers all.

Originally posted by Simes
Well, to set the scene perhaps more clearly, and this will help the likes of Henyman who has no doubt had 20 years experience of Norton incongruencies in his 18 years of life.

what are you trying to say?:p :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back