symantec client security 2.0 with winxp pro question

w00kiec00kie

OSNN Addict
So, I've had a windows network of 2 computers at home for a while, that I could access via view workgroup, etc method.
But after installing symante client security 2.0, I'm not able to do that anymore. Even the access by IP would not work.
However, when I disable the symantec firewall, I can access the shares by IP, but the view workgroup still would not work. I noticed that the "Computer browser" does not start, even though it's set to "automatic".
(I figured out that if I let the "windows file sharing" setting to NOT block, I can access the network via IP, even with the firewall)

Does anyone know how I can get the view workgroup function back? It's rather annoying to remember IPs and stuff (while it's only 2 comps, sometimes the DHCP gives random IP :dead: )

Are there services I need to enable and stuff? It's just weird it would not work all of a sudden, after installing that firewall...

(commands like "net view" results in a hang, then says there's nothing)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back