Symantec AV Corp 9.0 SP2 update

Doh .. why does Corp get patch already and everyone else has to wait till tuesday .

Ah nice, not that I use Security centre... but updates are gooood.

Electronic Punk said:
Ah nice, not that I use Security centre... but updates are gooood.
Not sure if this is true for Corp. but on page I linked above Symantec says that you should install this patch before sp2 or stuff could bork. :p

Symantec encourages its customers to install the product update prior to installing SP2 in order to avoid incorrect reporting from Windows Security Center.

My next question would be what if you installed NAV after you installed sp2? Would it still bork?

Xie said:
Not sure if this is true for Corp. but on page I linked above Symantec says that you should install this patch before sp2 or stuff could bork. :p
I installed the patch after installing SP2. Works without a glitch.
smile.gif

sav_sc.png

NetRyder said:
I installed the patch after installing SP2. Works without a glitch.
Yeah but thats Corp. version ... the "everybody else" version won't even be out till the 10th. :(

-edit- I might just say "F" it and install it and reinstall norton on the 10th if something more then just not showing the new security center whatnot.

If the old NAV works with SP2, I don't see why an SP2 upgrade would break it!!

NAV 2003 and 2004 will work fine with SP2, any update is purely cosmetic to allow integration with the security center.

Thanks for the tip NetRyder. At least for the corp version the update allows Windows to moniter the anti-virus and make sure its up to date. Its not that important of a update but could be useful

I installed SP2 this morning and it finished like 5mins before work :p Anyhoo NAV isn't seen but I care not as having windows check on my anti-virus I could care less about as it does it on it's own and when it's not I check myself probably 5 times a day due to my up to date disorder. :p

Ok, for those of you using Norton, there are reports that Symantec has released the updates for SP2 via LiveUpdate. Since I have no way of making sure, it would be great if someone could confirm this.
smile.gif

I will check tonight when I get home.
We use Sophos here. Not very gucci.

So far I havn't see the patch via LiveUpdate (run it myself just in case) also there lame site still just redirects instead of giving you info like they said :(

-edit- Did some looking around and found there SP2 page but it would be nice if they page they say is going to be redirected actually was. Also if infact this patch did come via LiveUpdate it doesn't fix NAV status in the security status. Perhaps it needs a reboot like everything in windows? ... damn Symantec :mad:

ok so im not sure if this update is for me.... im using Norton SW 2003 pro with NAV 9.05.15...is this for me?

I got it via live update, i have NAV and NIS 2004.

I did see at tcmag someone had save the file, I looked earlier but could not find it.

one.123 said:
ok so im not sure if this update is for me.... im using Norton SW 2003 pro with NAV 9.05.15...is this for me?
I've had a look @ the Symantec site under SP2 help and they only seem to mention 2k4 so us 2k3 people I think might be left in the cold. Shame 2k4 sucks more then most virii. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back