Syle XP yes or no

P

pupsmum

I am a bit confused here. :confused:

Do I need to have style XP installed in order to use the themes or not?

In one part I read I had to ininstall Style XP in order to install the patch and now I see I have to have Style XP installed to use the themes.

Style XP is shareware for thirty days, what happens after that thirty days? How do I still continue to use the themes I've downloaded and installed?

Should I reinstall Style XP now that I have this patch installed?

Thanks for any assistance you can help me with in my total confusion.

or you use styleXP to change your themes (which i do) or you use the patch. You dont have to have them both on your pc. Stylexp is shareware and will expire after 30 days if you dont register. Hope this may clear your confusion. :)

use the XP-erience patcher. You don't need progs like StyleXP.

Here is the link, just run the patcher and put your themes in C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes

http://www.xp-erience.org/comments.php?id=327&catid=2
(scroll to the end of the article)

Oh and it won't work on OEM versions, let me tell you how to get it to work on OEM. You have to search for a file called "UXTHEME.DL_" and rename it to "UXTHEME.bak". Then apply the patch.

(o_87, I copied a bit from your post, hope you don't mind) ;)

I'm using xp oem & all I did was apply the patch. Didn't worry about renaming the file & it worked great. Style XP must be removed before applying the patch or it will not work as must plus! if it is loaded.

I have used the patch andyp made from day one and love it, it works great.

cool.gif

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
I'm using xp oem & all I did was apply the patch. Didn't worry about renaming the file & it worked great. Style XP must be removed before applying the patch or it will not work as must plus! if it is loaded.

Good one Hipster, I forgot to mention about uninstalling StyleXP first!

I used the patcher too. Way easier and cleaner than using StyleXP. I only really find Stylexp good if your new and dont really have your themes organized :blink:

I also recommend using PatchXP over StyleXP.
The best part of all, it uses NO system resources.

Although the theme manager was nice, there is no real use for it since all changes can be made through desktop properties.

Originally posted by madmatt
I also recommend using PatchXP over StyleXP.
The best part of all, it uses NO system resources.

Although the theme manager was nice, there is no real use for it since all changes can be made through desktop properties.

So do yo mean I can install Patch XP after I install Style XP.

If you are going to use the patch do not install style xp. It will not work. Just run the patch, reboot & apply the msstyle. (first remove style xp if it is loaded)

so wheres the patch? the link to experience.org dosnt work anymore...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back