• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Switching IP's

lancer

There is no answer!
Political User
From my next doors neighbours free service (haha, well its free for me anyway :) ), to verizon.

The question (and why i stuck this in the general hardware section) is i ordered the wireless router from them, is this any good and what is the make, does anyone know?

Thanks

p.s. the reason i'm actually paying for my own internet now is because my neighbours service keep on going out, its a shame as its comcast.

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
watch out for Netgear, esp. if buying when ISP ships you one... swirtched ISP here recently and bought a netgear and had to use the one supplied by ISP, so that netgear is now a glorified switch in the scheme of things (but does at least do the wi-fi!)...

Generally, stick with the ISP supplied solution until things are working - then see how it meets up with your needs and proceed with caution...

Weasel

Define 'Cynical'
Verizon will most likely send you a Linksys BEFSR41 (that's what they sent me and everyone else I know who has them in and out of state). I have a personal vendetta against those things and highly recommend going out and buying something reliable like a D-Link DI-604 or building a little zombie machine and running m0n0wall.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix