• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Switch to Classic option missing

W

WorldWarGeneral

I was messing around with tweaks and such, and I appear to have screwed up my control panel. Somehow, I switched it back into category, and the option to switch it back to classic is missing. All that is there is the "See Also" box. (See attachment) I created another account, and it had everything in place, so I'm not sure what happened. I searched around, but couldn't find a remedy.

Thanks!

W

WorldWarGeneral

I attached a shot of what my view menu looks like. It would appear I'm missing some options compared to the dummy account I created. If I go into folder options, and turn on "Use Windows Classic Folders" it works, but that isn't what I had before. I could hit myself for not creating a restore point... :(

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
If you are running XP Professional, try using gpedit.msc (group policy editor).

User Configuration
Administrative Templates
Control Panel

I don't see anything pertaining to what you are missing, but you could try to disable the 'force classic' option.

Other than that, I am not too sure why it owuld be missing.

W

WorldWarGeneral

Well, I found the solution to my problem. While scouring Regedit.com, I came accross an article that would force either the classic or the XP Style control panel. I checked the key in my registry, and sure enough, it was set to require the XP Control Panel. I deleted the DWORD entry, and everything is working okay now.

Here's the link to the article in case anyone's interested.

http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/1084/

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grovo_test