Switch Audio from one device to another

DwarfData

OSNN Addict
Hi Everyone.

I have a pair of USB headphones connected to my Vista machine. If I start listening to something via the normal speakers, how I can I switch the sound to start coming from through the Headphones?

Cheers

DD

Is there any software that comes with the headphones to manage how the audio is delivered? I don't think I have ever worked with USB headphones before, but normal headphones by default will assume control of all audio and bypass the speakers. If the sound is coming out of your speakers and not the headphones, I would assume something isn't configured correctly.

Both Speakers & Headphones work correctly. With headphones that connect to your soundcard, when you connect them then the soundcard will stop the signal going to your speakers as both headphones & speakers are 'one' device.

However, this doesn't happen with USB Headphones as they are a seperate device. I can go into Audio Properties and change the default device. But that is a long-winded way of changing things, and the setting only takes place the next time you open an application.

For example, I can open Media Play when the device is set to Speakers, change the default device to Headphones and start another application that uses sound. The sound will then come through the headphones, while Media Player will continue to play through the speakers.

I've been doing some searching on the t'internet and found this to be a common problem.

I've found an application that half resolves the issue and can be found at http://www.quicksoundswitch.toflo.de/eng/index.html
This allows you to change the device quickly, but won't allow you to, for example, switch the sound from Speakers to Headphones in an application without restarting the application.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back